- Posted by dan on October 4, 2011
One of the most annoying things I often encounter recently, is random Web apps that stop working or simply don't work off the bat. Quite often it seems this is down to Windows NTFS Stream Information. which stores extra meta like This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer in it and thus blocks it from executing until you've unblocked it.
Good for security bad for my blood pressure. Especially for every Assembly in a library like NHibernate and FluentNHibernate. Wouldn't it be good if you could easily unblock a whole folder at once. Well thankfully thanks to the guys at SysInternals it's quite simple.
- Download the SystemInternals Suite
- Unzip the magic suite, I put it in C:\Program Files\SysInternals worth noting, I had to use Administrator mode. For convenience I put the SysInternals Suite onto my system path.
- Run CMD.exe as an Administrator
- streams -s -d c:\users\dan\documents\code\folder_i_want_to_unblock
Now you should be able to procceed without further problems. Enjoy and don't forget to thank the SysInternals guys.